Tuesday, August 13, 2013

First day: A city of perros

I forget how draining International traveling is, but when you've reach your destination, the last thing you want to do is rest!

Our first stop, Madrid, I must say is breath-taking. I really came into this with not much exposure nor expectation of what Madrid would be like, and i must say madrid is beautiful. When we landed, I became that fascinated tourist that wants to photograph everything. Of course mr. "Anti-photos"- jamie shamed me for documenting. 

Having lived in NYC, it prepared Jamie and I to navigate "el metro" like a boss! 3 subway lines and 30 mins later, we were in Chueca, the gay barrio with densely packed shops.

Our studio is beautiful with a small balcony that looks down into the street. Space is scarce here, and like Vietnam, there are plenty of dogs. Clean ones. It makes us miss our little man.

Eventually we succumbed to lethargy, but the most frustrating thing is we could not sleep! It is hot and we had coffees and regardless of being on the 3rd floor, we can hear all the chatters from the street. Little siestas here and there, eventually we forced ourselves up and out to find food at 10pm, normal dinner time. We dined at this Greek restaurant where the waiter was eyeing my man. It's probably what got us free shots after dinner. My Greek chicken plate was very good.

very seldom do I see Asian people. I feel invisible, possibly because I am with a handsome man. All eyes are on Jamie and so when people address us. Maybe my Spanish is bad....












1 comment:

  1. You are too cute, Ngoc!

    I really enjoyed the park next to the prado museum and the mercado. Eat an extra pound of jamon iberico for me. My friend and I had great pizza al fresco and watched a fire dancers perform on the streets when we were in Chueca. Post some selfie pictures of yourself. I miss your face!

    -Ngoc

    ReplyDelete